NXTGEN are working with an established and highly reputable accountancy practice to recruit a Tax Senior for their Norwich office. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to gain experience within a Mixed Tax role, working with both business and private teams. As Tax Senior you will be expected to act as a compliance specialist, providing advise to clients to ensure they remain compliant and meet the needs of the HMRC. You will also support junior members of the team offering hands on support where needed, this role also gives real opportunity to progress and develop and would be suited to anyone who is enthusiastic to develop their career further.
Key responsibilities include:
– Manage a large client portfolio including High Net Worth individuals and Owner Managed businesses
– Support clients with self-assessment tax returns
– Advise clients on compliance issues
– Support with corporate tax returns when required
– Support Tax Planning
– Work closely with junior staff and support their professional development
The successful candidate will ideally be Tax qualified (ATT/CTA or equivalent) or will hold a recognised Accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA or equivalent), with significant experience working in a Tax department. You will need to be confident and comfortable managing your own portfolio of clients and will have an up to date knowledge of current Tax legislation. Prior experience preparing Tax returns for clients is also highly desirable.