NXTGEN have a fantastic opportunity for an In House Tax Accountant to join this market leading employer operating across the UK and Europe. This Group facing role will cover all aspects of Tax Compliance and VAT, working with external advisor’s to ensure all returns are filed to HMRC within the required deadlines. Working closely with the Financial Accountant, you will also review all capital expenditure projects throughout the year to ensure all allowances are accurately accounted for and claimed.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Corporate Tax preparation, review and submission. This will include reporting on a quarterly basis for a number of subsidiary businesses
– VAT returns and compliance, including EC sales and Intrastat reports, whilst also acting as a key point of contact for HMRC
– Ownership of all aspects of deferred Tax and tax liability, advising the group on tax planning decisions
– Liaise with external tax advisor’s on overseas tax matters and transfer pricing
– Provide Tax advice and technical support to the group finance team whilst also taking ownership for Tax planning
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant or Tax advisor (ACA/ACCA/CTA or equivalent). Experience gained within accountancy practice or a similar varied in house Tax position is highly desirable. Candidates will need to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of UK Tax legislation and will be comfortable with all aspects of VAT. For the successful candidate, the role will gain excellent exposure across the group and will play a pivotal role in the tax activities for the business.
Keywords: Tax, Corporate Tax, VAT, Transfer Pricing, Intrastat, Tax Credits