NXTGEN have an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Financial Reporting Manager to join a rapidly scaling biotech company based in Cambridge. As the organisation continues to break new ground in both the UK and US markets, the Senior Financial Reporting Manager will play a key role in ensuring that all financial submissions remain compliant with US SEC regulations. Within the role you will have plenty of opportunity to add value and create efficiencies through the design and implementation of new reporting processes. This will include working closely with the UK Financial Controller to implement new IFRS accounting standards across subsidiary businesses. As a senior member of the department you will be expected to analyse and deliver insights for shareholders as well as taking ownership for the company’s stock option framework and administration.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
* Lead on the companies external reporting requirements in the US
* Work closely with the Financial Controller and CFO on the implementation of internal controls and policies to ensure compliance with US regulations
* Take ownership for all SOx reporting and compliance
* Support the Financial Controller with technical accounting submissions for a variety of business transactions, including external investment
* Review R&D submissions and assess eligibility for grant funding and/or tax credits
* Support with investor relations and shareholder reporting
The successful candidate will ideally be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with a strong technical accounting background. Prior experience gained within a leading accountancy firm or a US based business would also be advantageous. You will be confident in all aspects of US reporting and compliance including US SEC reporting and SOx. A proficient knowledge of IFRS is also desirable given the need to support with the preparation of local subsidiary accounts. Any experience gained within the Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences or Biotech sectors would also be advantageous given the nature of the business. The successful candidate will be joining the business at a fantastic time in it’s growth journey and progression opportunities will continue to arise as the business scales further.