NXTGEN have a fantastic new opportunity for a Senior Finance Business Partner to join a prestigious and market leading manufacturer based in Peterborough. The organisation is going through an exciting period of growth within existing markets, whilst also expanding into new, high growth markets, and the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in driving these new business units forwards. As Senior Finance Business Partner, you will work closely with sales teams to set pricing goals and objectives to maximise profitability whilst also reviewing key market and customer trends to drive sales performance. These commercial responsibilities will compliment more traditional FP&A tasks with the successful candidate reviewing budgets and forecasts to track cost centre performance. This is a high profile position which will work closely with business unit leaders as well as a number of senior executives, including the CFO, presenting the successful candidate with great opportunities for progression and development.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
* Challenge and influence the commercial direction of business units, working with the BU leaders on key strategic decisions
* Design and manipulate financial models to understand product profitability before using this information to set pricing strategy
* Work with sales teams to set KPI’s and targets to maximise volumes whilst retaining profit levels
* Track financial performance of business units and work closely with general managers to provide better insight on performance vs plan
* Review and set 5 year strategic plans for business units alongside BU leaders
* Lead on continuous improvement programmes for the business units, reviewing current processes to ensure best in class financial data is shared across them
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with post qualified experience gained in a similar business partnering or commercially focused finance role. Candidates will need to demonstrate excellent Excel skills and will be confident building and manipulating complex financial models with large data sets. You will also be confident engaging with senior stakeholders within both commercial and non financial teams, influencing key strategic decisions. Prior experience gained within a manufacturing or FMCG business would be highly desirable given the complex nature of this business. The successful candidate will be joining at an exciting phase as the organisation continues to explore new markets and business ventures whilst growing organically.