NXTGEN have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Accounts Payable Clerk to join a real success story based in Norwich. This family run business has become a market leader within the UK, with outstanding customer service at its core. As the Senior AP Clerk, you will drive this company value through the team to ensure the timely delivery of a very busy and high volume Ledger. Supervising a small team, you will take ownership for the processing of supplier invoices on a weekly basis, ensuring payment runs are processed in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for processing staff expenses and the reconciliation of all supplier statements.
Other key responsibilities will include:
– Supervise a team of 3, training and motivating all staff to create a high performing environment
– Take responsibility for weekly payment runs
– Support the team in hitting KPI’s, processing a high volume of invoices each week
– Demonstrate a good knowledge of VAT implications when processing invoices
– Process employee expenses on Sage
The successful candidate will ideally have experience working in a high volume purchase ledger environment with experience gained on Sage. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to manage a high volume of queries acting as the escalation point when required. Strong Excel skills are also required and candidates will need to demonstrate experience of v-look ups and pivot tables. An AAT qualification would be highly desirable but not essential.