NXTGEN have a truly unique opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join a rapidly expanding, local Accountancy firm based in Norwich. The firm has experienced unrivalled success in the last 6 months, continuing to win new business and clients from a variety of sectors, so the successful candidate will be joining at a very exciting time. As Senior Accountant, you will be the right hand person to the Director, managing a portfolio of clients whilst also supporting the day to day running of the firm. You will still play an active role in the preparation of Accounts, VAT and Tax reports for clients, as well as managing the workloads of the wider team.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Management of client jobs across the firm, ensuring the team are delivering to required SLA’s
– Preparation of Management Accounts and Financial Statements for clients
– Support all VAT and Tax submissions for clients
– Play an active role in Business Development, generating new clients for the firm to aid growth
– Act as the right hand person to the Director, supporting the management of day to day activities within the firm
The successful candidate will ideally be newly/fully qualified (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with prior experience working in Accountancy practice. A background in general practice and accounts preparation is preferred but those with an Audit or Tax background are also encouraged to apply. Excellent communication and client management skills will be key to succeeding in this role given the very client facing nature of the position. For the successful candidate, this role represents an opportunity to be part of a real success story with fantastic development prospects as the firm continues to grow.