NXTGEN are working with a leading organisation based in Norwich as they recruit a Senior Accountant to join their finance team. The business have a fantastic reputation both locally and nationally, with products reaching all areas of the UK. This Senior Accountant role is broad and all encompassing, covering everything from technical accounting to business partnering, influencing key business decisions and adding value at every opportunity. You will have a proactive and inquisitive mind set, with a desire to influence decisions in a changing and evolving finance team. The role is ideally suited to those with both a technical accounting/practice background combined with experience in a commercial setting.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Drive the preparation of Management Accounts and rolling forecasts, delivering key financial information to the wider business
– Support the group and subsidiary statutory close, ensuring compliance with local policies
– Management of all cash flow and cash activities, working closely with the Group FC to update on cash position
– Work closely with the wider business to review current systems and processes to ensure they are fit for purpose, whilst also making recommendations/improvements as required
– Review and develop a forecasting model for periodic reviews
– Ad hoc project support
The successful candidate will ideally be qualified (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with experience gained in both a commercial and practice environment. Candidates with experience in technical accounting roles without practice experience are also encouraged to apply. A working knowledge of UK GAAP/IFRS is key within this role, with any knowledge of UK Tax legislation desirable but not essential. Prior experience using ERP systems would be advantageous and strong Excel skills are also essential. Candidates will need to demonstrate a collaborative approach and will be confident working across a business, influencing key decisions with clear financial insight.