NXTGEN are working in partnership with a well-established company based in Great Yarmouth who are seeking a Project Accountant to join a growing team in this brand new role. Following recent investment, a number of Capex projects are planned and as Project Accountant you will play a pivotal role in the review of all business cases and appraisals. This business facing role will see the successful candidate work closely with project leads and budget holders, providing insight on project performance vs plan and tracking spend to ensure all costs are controlled.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Review all Capex proposals to ensure maximum ROI is achieved
– Continual review of the financial performance of projects, working with budget holders to understand actual vs plan variances
– Utilise complex financial models to track project performance and influence future key decisions
– Ownership for the annual budgeting process and rolling forecasts
– Support with month end management and statutory closes as and when required
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent), with a background working within project accounting or significant Capex appraisal experience. You will be a confident user of Excel, including the use of complex financial models to analyse large data sets. Candidates will also demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to business partner with project leads and stakeholders at a senior level. Your ability to influence financial decisions will be key to succeeding in this role.