NXTGEN are recruiting a Project Accountant for an expanding and leading Engineering business based near Lowestoft. This new role is a true business partnering post and will see the successful candidate working closely with both project and commercial teams, to deliver clear financial insight. As Project Accountant, you will play an active role in the review of cost reviews and maximise profit as well as analysing commercial tenders to ensure peak ROI is achieved. This is a stand alone role that will allow the successful candidate to really influence decisions across a number of projects and business areas.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Management of project costing review, working with project leads to provide insight on performance vs plan
– Provide financial support on all contract reviews and negotiation, ensuring the business is maximising return
– Produce monthly flash reports and KPI dashboards on sales, profitability and project forecasts
– Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budgets/forecasts, delivering profit and cashflow targets to project leads
– Continually monitor and track performance vs plan, providing the business with variance analysis and commercial commentary
The successful candidate will ideally have gained prior experience in a similar Project Accounting or Finance Business Partner role. Whilst a recognised accountancy qualification is preferred (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent), candidates that are qualified by experience with prior experience in a similar role are also encouraged to apply. Excellent Excel skills will be key in this position and candidates will be confident working with large data sets within complex financial models.
Candidates will also need to demonstrate excellent communication skills and will be confident working across different departments, constructively challenging and influencing decisions wherever appropriate.