NXTGEN are working with a global market leader based in Peterborough as they recruit an Operational Finance Manager to join their central finance team. This newly created role will work closely with the Finance Director, Operational and commercial teams, to provide key financial insight on business performance and will ultimately influence strategic decisions. As Operations Finance Manager, you will provide reports on core aspects of the supply chain process including; production capacity, costings and product development whilst also analysing sales data and market trends. The role is a true business partner position and will gain valuable exposure across the organisation.
Key responsibilities and deliverables within the role will include:
– Strategic analysis on business performance including; sales, competitor analysis and pricing
– Support the build of the 5 year strategic plan and continually track progress vs budget
– Review import/export data across global markets
– Analyse operational and supply chain costs, identifying opportunities for cost saving or efficiencies
– Support planning and logistics teams with S&OP
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with prior experience in a highly commercial/operational/FP&A focussed role. Excellent Excel skills will be key and candidates will need to be able to use scenario based financial models. This is a true business partnering role so candidates will need to have excellent communication skills with the ability to work across a complex business. Prior experience gained within manufacturing or FMCG is highly desirable.