NXTGEN are supporting a rapidly expanding technology company based in Cambridge to recruit a Management Accountant on an initial 12 month fixed term contract, to cover a period of maternity leave. The organisation have experienced a fantastic period of growth, with this trend set to continue in the coming years due to an ever increasing client base. As Management Accountant, you will work closely with the Financial Controller to deliver month end board packs with accompanying commentary. This broad and all encompassing role will also see you manage technical submissions to HMRC whilst also managing a small transactional team.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Production of month end management accounts including YoY variance reporting
– Review budgets vs forecasts and report on performance to department leads
– Reconcile balance sheets and P&L
– Process monthly payroll and submit information to outsourced provider
– Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns
The successful candidate will ideally be fully qualified (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with experience across both management and financial accounts. You will be confident dealing and presenting financial information to senior stakeholders, influencing decisions when appropriate. Prior experience managing small teams is desirable but not essential. Candidates will need to demonstrate good Excel skills.