NXTGEN are supporting an established and highly successful group in Peterborough to recruit a Management Accountant. This very analytical role will work closely with the HR function to provide insight on employment costs and monitor spend vs plan. Working as an integral part of the finance team, you will engage with a wide range of stakeholders and cost centres, highlighting opportunities for improved reporting processes. This Management Accountant role also offers the successful candidate fantastic opportunities for future development and progression within the business.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Preparation of quarterly forecasts, budgets and 5 year plans for cost centres
– Review department headcount and employment spends to understand overhead costs
– Reconciliation of sensitive data including payroll and benefits information, reviewing monthly and yearly variables
– Analyse significant volumes of data within Excel and model out various scenarios
– Provide ad hoc support to the finance team, deputising for colleagues as required
The successful candidate will ideally be recently qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent), with prior experience in a Management Accounts or Financial Analysis focused role. You will be a confident user of Excel and will be comfortable reviewing and analysing large sets of data. Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with different departments will be key to succeeding in this role.