NXTGEN are recruiting a Management Accountant for an established and very successful organisation in the Thetford area. This varied role will work within a small finance team, supporting the Finance Director with all aspects of accounts and the efficient management of day to day accounting activities. As Management Accountant, you will take responsibility for the month end close, producing board packs with accompanying commentary. You will also oversee and maintain the integrity of transactional accounting functions whilst supporting junior members of the finance team.
– Production of month end Management Accounts with accompanying management information
– Support the preparation of financial statements
– Present to BU Managers giving them clarity on performance to support key business decisions
– Complete VAT, EC Sales and Intrastat returns
– Reporting of financial forecasts and cash position
– Continually review and support improvement of reporting systems and procedures
– Ad hoc support to the Finance Director
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) ideally with prior experience of working in a Manufacturing, Engineering or FMCG environment. You will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills with an ability to partner with budget holders. You will be an effective leader with the ability to develop and motivate a dedicated Finance team, ensuring quality financial information is provided to the wider business to advise and influence strategy to achieve the ambitious long term goals. Good Excel skills will be key given the volume of analysis and data reviewed in the role.