NXTGEN are recruiting a commercially minded Interim Management Accountant on an initial 6 month contract, for a leading FMCG business based in Spalding. The role will play a critical role in the delivery of month end Management Accounts, whilst partnering with the wider business to deliver MI that will ultimately support key decisions. As Interim Management Accountant, you will work closely with the Financial Controller during the budgeting process, meeting with stakeholders to set financial objectives for the business.
Key responsibilities of the assignment will include:
– Month end Management Accounts production with accompanying variance analysis
– Review of budgets and forecasts, working with stakeholders to provide insight on performance vs plan
– Cost review of new products and current processes, identifying opportunities for efficiencies
– Business partnering with operational teams to give greater clarity on financial performance to the business
– Ad hoc support to ongoing projects as directed by Financial Controller
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) and will be available at short notice to interview and commence work. Experience gained within manufacturing, Food or FMCG would be highly desirable combined with experience working with operational/factory based teams. Good Excel and analytical skills will be key given the need to review costing models and provide suitable commentary.