NXTGEN have an immediate requirement for an Interim Group Financial Accountant to join a market leading business based in Peterborough, who are about to experience a significant period of growth. This is a high profile assignment and the successful candidate can expect to lead on the monthly financial statement preparation for all UK businesses, consolidating into group. As Interim Group Financial Accountant, you will also play a key part in the delivery of the year end close, ensuring all reports are compliant with local controls and guidelines.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Preparation of group financial statements on a monthly basis for all UK subsidiary businesses under UK GAAP
– Play a key role in the delivery of annual submissions and reports for the parent group
– Act as the technical expert for the wider finance community, supporting with all technical accounting queries
– Identify opportunities to improve financial controls to improve the quality of financial reporting
– Support with ad hoc projects
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with a technical accounting background. You will ideally have had exposure to both UK GAAP & IFRS and will be confident with group consolidations. Good Excel skills are also desirable combined with excellent communication skills and the ability to work with senior stakeholders. Candidates will ideally be available to commence work within a month.
For the successful candidate, this role has the potential to be made permanent as the business continues to grow within an ever expanding market.