NXTGEN are working with a world renowned employer based in Peterborough to recruit a Group Financial Accountant on an initial 12 month fixed term contract, covering a period of maternity. As the successful candidate, you’ll be joining a high performing and technically minded team focusing on the delivery of all consolidated reports and financial statements for a number of UK based subsidiary businesses. As Group Financial Accountant, you will also play a part in the ongoing review of monthly balance sheets, including detailed reconciliation work to ensure all financial data is maintained to the highest standards. You will also have the opportunity to support with the review of financial controls for the group which will include the annual SOX records.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
* Preparation of all quarterly consolidation reports for the US parent group, ensuring compliance with US GAAP.
* Detailed performance review of each quarter including trend insights
* Technical accounting requirements including lease accounting
* Preparation of subsidiary financial statements for a number of UK based businesses
* Support with the delivery of the annual SOX programme and ongoing controls testing
* On-going project work
The successful candidate will ideally be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with a technical accounting background. Prior experience gained in a top 10 accountancy practice would be significantly advantageous with an Audit background highly desirable. A working knowledge of US GAAP would be desirable but not essential, as would any experience of SOX. For the successful candidate this is a fantastic opportunity to join a global leader. Whilst the role is initially a contract position, the business is going through and exciting period of change so there could be opportunities for the role to be extended or for other permanent opportunities to arise.