NXTGEN are working with a successful and expanding employer in Huntingdon to recruit a Head of Management Accounts. Having experienced fantastic growth in recent years the Finance Director is looking to expand the function and provide increased management information to the business encompassing both commercial and operational reporting. As Head of Management Accounts, you will be at the forefront of this delivery, driving the month end management accounts production and commercial commentary for key stakeholders. There will also be an opportunity for the successful candidate to get involved with process review and improvement, working with the Finance Director to identify potential efficiencies.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Drive the delivery of month end management reporting and group consolidation, communicating performance vs plan updates to stakeholders and insight on potential opportunities for cost saving
– Management of the full budgeting and forecasting cycle, working with stakeholders across the group
– Review current KPI reports within the business, identifying potential gaps in commercial information and metrics
– Full P&L review for multiple cost centres
– Working closely with the Finance Director to identify the need for reporting improvements to improve the quality of financial information being delivered to the business
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with prior experience working in a fast paced group of companies. You will need to demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to work with key stakeholders to deliver commercial information across the business. Excellent Excel skills will be key combined with the ability to utilise complex financial models. Any prior experience of improving reporting processes and systems would be highly desirable and experience using Microsoft Dynamics would be advantageous.