NXTGEN are working with a forward thinking Norwich based business to recruit a Head of Finance. This new role comes at an exciting time for the organisation as they prepare for continued growth and expansion within their field. As Head of Finance, you will work as part of the senior leadership team, with a specific focus on driving the change management programme across finance. Within the role you will business partner with other departmental heads, gaining an understanding of current reporting requirements before identifying areas for systems/process improvements to meet the demands of the business. The Head of Finance will also lead a dedicated transactional finance team to ensure all AP/AR tasks are run in a timely and effective manner.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Influence strategy and planning of process improvement projects to meet the operational and strategic goals of the organisation
– Continual review of a centralised transactional function, identifying ways to improve current AP/AR processes and create efficiencies
– Work with departmental leads to understand reporting requirements before reviewing current systems usage to ensure they are fit for purpose
– Work with Financial systems team to review current software capability and identify ways to improve quality of reporting across the business
– Drive the change management programme and lead on projects across the finance department
The successful candidate will ideally be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with a background in delivering projects or process improvements. You will have the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a dedicated transactional team, creating a high performing environment which can continue to deliver as the organisation grows. Excellent communication and business partnering skills will be key in the role given the need to influence strategy and thinking from a process improvement perspective. For the successful candidate, there will be an opportunity to shape the role as they see fit with real opportunities to add value across the organisation.