NXTGEN are recruiting a Head of Commercial Finance role for one of Peterborough’s global market leaders. This new role for the organisation is a fantastic opportunity for those looking to influence decisions and add value to a business, driving it towards achieving key commercial objectives. As Head of Finance, you will help set the financial strategy within a high volume, low margin sector. As a member of the senior leadership team, you will utilise commercial insight gained through the use of complex financial models to constructively challenge the decision making process. It is expected that the Head of Commercial Finance will business partner with both sales and operational teams to review commercial tenders and contracts, understanding product costing to maximise profitability.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Working closely with department leads to develop and set financial strategies to achieve commercial objectives, influencing decisions through the use of scenario based models
– Review customer and contract profitability before working with Commercial Directors to set pricing strategies and support future negotiations
– Business partner with operational and supply chain teams to understand operational expenditure, before giving commercial teams the financial insight needed to maximise margins
– Provide strong financial control and governance to ensure financial risk is mitigated with new commercial tenders
– Management of the budgeting and forecasting cycle including delivery of continued performance vs plan reports
– Continue to drive and develop a high performing commercial finance team, ensuring clear and concise financial information is shared across the business
Candidates will be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with prior experience gained in a commercially focussed, senior finance role. You will demonstrate excellent communication and business partnering skills, with the ability to constructively challenge and influence key business decisions. Excellent Excel modelling skills will be essential given the large volumes of data analysed and reviewed by the team and candidates will have the ability to mentor and manage a high performing team. A passion for driving commercial success and increased profitability will be essential to succeed in this role.