NXTGEN are recruiting an FP&A Manager for one of Cambridge’s most exciting and expanding Biotech companies. The organisation has experienced consistent year on year growth globally, increasing the need for quality financial insight from the FP&A team. This is a highly visible FP&A Manager role that will see the successful candidate working closely with executive teams to really drive financial growth across commercial teams.
Within the role, the successful candidate will need to quickly develop collaborative partnerships with sales and wider commercial teams, giving them the financial insight needed to make quick and effective business decisions. The role will also play a significant role in the full budgeting and forecasting process, identifying opportunities for further commercial gain or cost efficiencies.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
– Business Partner with Commercial & Sales teams to influence strategy and business planning. This will include updating business units on performance vs plan, with commentary on variances.
– Work closely with project teams on expenditure, identifying opportunities for increased spend, potential efficiencies and cost saving.
– Identify improvements to reporting processes, including the budgeting cycle, whilst ensuring financial reports delivered to the business are of the highest quality.
– Utilise financial models to provide insight on business opportunities, reviewing possible ROI and potential business risks for commercial teams.
– Provide financial information to executive teams when required and influence key business decisions as appropriate
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent), with prior experience in an FP&A or Financial Business Partnering role. Prior experience gained in practice (Big 4 preferred) would be advantageous, combined with any experience gained in Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Technology sectors. Candidates will need to demonstrate excellent Excel skills and the ability to manage large data sets within complex financial models. Any experience using TM1 is highly desirable although other systems are also considered.