NXTGEN have an immediate requirement for a Financial Reporting Manager to join a market leader, with a number of household brands within it’s portfolio, at their offices based in Peterborough. The role will initially cover a period of maternity leave for 12 months but as the organisation continues to evolve and grow both organically and through acquisition, opportunities may arise for the right candidate. As Financial Reporting Manager you will lead a high performing technical accounting team, producing financial statements for a number of UK based subsidiaries. You will manage team workloads and ensure all submissions are delivered to demanding group deadlines whilst also handling ad hoc requests for financial information. Given the acquisitive nature of the group and as Financial Reporting Manager, you may be pulled onto ad hoc projects which could include due diligence, business integration or process improvement work, offering the successful candidate fantastic opportunities to broaden their knowledge and experience within finance.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
* Lead on the delivery of financial statement preparation, reviewing work of those within the team prior to submission
* Preparation of all quarterly consolidation reports for the US parent group, ensuring compliance with US GAAP
* Play a key role in the year end close and act as a main point of contact for external auditors
* Support with the preparation of quarterly Tax submissions, working in collaboration with local tax teams
* Technical accounting requirements including lease accounting
* Support with the delivery of the annual SOX programme and ongoing controls testing
The successful candidate will ideally be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with a strong technical accounting background. Prior experience gained within a leading accountancy firm is desirable, alternatively you will have extensive industry experience gained in a financial accounting and/or reporting role. A working knowledge of US reporting, including SOx compliance would be advantageous but not essential given the level of expertise currently in the team. You will have demonstrable experience leading a small team, providing mentorship and ongoing development, whilst also managing the workload of the team. This is a high profile position so applicants will need to be confident dealing with senior stakeholders internally whilst also managing external relationships such as Auditors for year end.
This role is available for an immediate start, although candidates with short notice periods will also be considered and are encouraged to apply.