NXTGEN are working with a fantastic organisation based in Cambridge to recruit a Financial Controller. This lead position will work closely with the executive team to set financial objectives for the business, influencing key strategic decisions in the process. As Financial Controller you will lead a small but dedicated accounts team, remaining hands on with the delivery of the month end management accounts and financial statements. This is a broad and all encompassing opportunity and as such, the Financial Controller will have ample opportunities to add value within this role.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Play an active role in setting the financial strategy for individual business units, driving them towards key financial objectives
* Track performance vs plan for business units, identifying trends and opportunities to increase profitability
* Preparation of financial statements and consolidation for group
* Business partner closely with the sales and commercial teams, reviewing contract agreements and product costing to maximise return
* Work closely with project teams to track performance, influencing key strategic decisions
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with prior experience leading a small accounts function. You will be an effective senior management team member, with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence high level decisions. Prior experience using SAP is highly desirable and candidates will need to be confident building financial models within Excel. You will be passionate about continuous improvement, always looking for opportunities to create efficiencies within the reporting processes. This role combines both technical and commercial finance skills and as such candidates will need to be comfortable with a broad and all encompassing leadership role.