NXTGEN are working exclusively with an exciting and expanding business with fantastic growth projections, to recruit a Financial Controller. Since inception, the business has built strong foundations and an ever increasing customer base. Following steady and consistent investment, they are now looking at the next phase of their growth which the Financial Controller will be pivotal too. Reporting to the Board, you will take responsibility for the day to day finance function, playing a hands on role in the delivery of month end reporting and analysis. As Financial Controller, you will also work closely with the MD on the commercial side of the business, understanding sales and margins as well as operational costs to improve profitability.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Delivery of the month end management accounts with accompanying commentary and variance analysis
– Review performance vs plan and monitor company cash position
– Continually review pricing strategy and cost of service to maximise profitability
– Quarterly VAT and Tax submissions
– Work alongside the MD to identify business opportunities to further accelerate growth
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with great passion and drive to succeed. It is expected that the role will evolve and grow as the organisation does, potentially leading to a Finance Director role so candidates will be committed to this growth journey. You will need to demonstrate excellent Excel skills and will be confident in using excel models whilst also having the communication skills to work with business stakeholders and the board.