NXTGEN are recruiting a Financial Controller position for an established and successful employer in the Thetford area. This is a fantastic opportunity for those looking for a broad, all encompassing number 1 role reporting straight into the Directors. As Financial Controller, you will be hands on with the day to day activities, producing all weekly, month end and board reports for the business, whilst also tracking performance vs plan. Given the breadth of the role, the successful candidate can also expect to take ownership for all technical reporting requirements at quarter and year end. As Financial Controller, you will also manage a small team responsible for all AP/AR tasks, managing team workloads to suit the needs of the business.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Production and delivery of month end accounts and board packs, providing the Directors with commentary on performance
– Ownership of the full budgeting and forecasting process
– Responsibility for all quarterly VAT returns and HMRC submissions
– Working closely with the Directors on setting financial strategy and objectives for the business
– Management of a small finance team, providing training and mentoring when required
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent), although candidates that are qualified by experience will be considered. Candidates will be comfortable working closely with the company Directors, supporting the planning and strategy for the business as well as influencing key decisions. Prior experience gained within an SME business would be highly desirable but not essential and candidates will need to demonstrate strong Excel skills. Any prior experience gained within FMCG, Manufacturing or Engineering would be advantageous.