NXTGEN have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join a forward thinking and market leading business in South Norfolk. Working directly with the department head, you will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements across a number of subsidiary businesses, consolidating these for group, whilst also playing a key role in the preparation of the Annual report. This is a technically driven Financial Accountant role which will support the preparation of tax computations and VAT returns during busy periods. This is a role ideall suited to those looking to make a first move from practice into industry.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
– Preparation of monthly financial statements for a number of business subsidiaries
– Support with the production of consolidated group reports
– Review cash flow forecasts and support with cash management activities for the business
– Preparation of VAT submissions and review tax calculations
– Review and monitor group payments to ensure accuracy and integrity
The successful candidate will ideally be a recently qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent). Prior experience gained within an Accountancy firm is highly desirable. You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills given the need to work with a range of stakeholders, combined with an ability to influence decisions. You will also be a confident user of Excel and will be commercially minded when reviewing large data sets. The successful candidate will be joining an organisation with a history of promoting internally so fantastic progression opportunities are available.