NXTGEN have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join a forward thinking business based in Diss. Working closely with the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements for all UK businesses whilst also playing an active role in the preparation of the Annual report. This is a technically driven Financial Accountant role and the successful candidate will be central to maintaining the integrity of the balance sheet for a range of subsidiary businesses.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
– Preparation of monthly financial statements for a number of business subsidiaries
– Assist with the preparation of all tax computations
– Review cash flow forecasts and produce weekly reports for management teams
– Preparation of VAT submissions and review calculations from across the team
– Review and monitor group payments to ensure accuracy and integrity
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent). Prior experience in a similar technically focussed role would be advantageous as would experience gained in Accountancy practice. Candidates will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills given the need to work with a range of stakeholders, combined with an ability to influence decisions. You will be proactive in your approach and will be comfortable supporting ad hoc projects in tasks in a fast paced and busy finance team.