NXTGEN have an immediate requirement for an Interim Financial Accountant to join a leading service provider based in Peterborough, on an initial 12 month contract to cover a period of maternity. This technically focused role will support the delivery of all statutory reporting for the business, maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the ledgers. As Financial Accountant, you will also work with stakeholders across the organisation, ensuring that good financial discipline is adhered to across the group, enabling better business decisions.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Support the Financial Controller with the delivery of all financial reporting and the statutory close
* Delivery of all cash flow forecasting and reporting for the Financial Controller
* Preparation of VAT and Tax returns
* Work closely with the Management Accounting teams at month end to ensure all financial information is reported on accurately
* Manage the year end Audit, reconciling transactions to ensure full disclose and accuracy of the ledgers
* Review reporting processes and balance sheet controls to ensure they are fit for purpose and efficient
The successful candidate will ideally be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with a good technical accounting and reporting background. You will have a desire for identifying and improving reporting processes recommending controls to drive quality financial information throughout the business. You will need to be confident working across a large and complex business, interacting with a range of stakeholders to highlight financial performance. A good understanding of financial systems would also be desirable.