NXTGEN have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join an expanding and marking leading business based near Diss. Having experienced continued growth throughout the year, this new role has been created to support the technical accounting team. With further growth forecast for the coming years it’s a fantastic time to be joining the business. As Financial Accountant, you will will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements across a number of subsidiary businesses under IFRS, consolidating these for group within demanding deadlines. You will play a key role in the delivery of the annual report and will also have the opportunity to support with the preparation of investor reports. This Financial Accountant role will also allow the successful candidate to support with complex VAT returns and tax computations, in partnership with the wider Tax team. The role is ideally suited to those who are looking to make their first move from practice to industry.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
* Preparation of monthly financial statements for a number of business subsidiaries inline with IFRS standards
* Support with the production of consolidated group reports
* Review cash flow forecasts and support with cash management activities for the business
* Support with lease accounting requirements under IFRS16
* Preparation of VAT submissions and review tax calculations
* Support with investor reporting at quarter, half year and year end
The successful candidate will ideally be a recently qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent). Prior experience gained within a leading Accountancy firm is highly desirable. You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills given the need to work with a range of stakeholders, combined with an ability to influence decisions. A working knowledge of IFRS would be advantageous but those with a background in UK GAAP are also encouraged to apply. You will also be a confident user of Excel and will be commercially minded when reviewing large data sets. The successful candidate will be joining an organisation with a history of promoting internally so fantastic progression opportunities are available.