NXTGEN have an outstanding opportunity for a Finance Systems Lead to join a market leading and internationally recognised Tech company in Cambridge. This new role comes following years of consistent growth with the business primed for the next phase of its journey. As the business looks to modernise it’s accounting tools and packages, the Finance Systems Lead will be central to it’s delivery, playing a key role in the full life cycle of the project, from provisional process mapping right through to implementation and UAT. Following the delivery of the project, it’s expected that the Finance Systems Lead will develop a central systems and continuous improvement team, ensuring all ERP’s and processes are adequate to meet the needs of the business.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Support the initial process mapping for the new ERP system, working closely with the Finance team to understand system output requirements
* Play a key part in the evaluation and analysis of potential ERP systems, actively influencing decisions as part of the review process
* Work with the wider project team, including colleagues from IT to deliver the implementation.
* Business partner with finance teams to ensure integration’s and data extractions from legacy to new systems are effective
* UAT and end user training prior to system go live
* Investigate potential system risks and problems before finding solutions in a timely and effective manner
The successful candidate will ideally be have significant experience leading ERP implementations across large, complex or globally operating businesses. A recognised accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) is desirable but not essential. You will need to demonstrate excellent functional experience including areas such as O2C, P2P and R2R and will also be confident with data extraction and SQL. Candidates will need to be effective business partners with the ability to work with colleagues across both Finance and IT. Prior experience using Workday or Netsuite would also be significantly advantageous.