NXTGEN are supporting a successful business in the heart of Norwich to recruit a Finance Manager. The successful candidate will oversee a small but dedicated team responsible for all transactional tasks and as Finance Manager, you have ownership for the delivery of month end accounts for the board. Reporting into the Directors, it is expected that the Finance Manager will also provide insight on financial performance for the business, tracking again budget and reviewing revenue forecasts.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Production of month end management accounts with variance analysis for the board, attending board meetings as required to discuss financial performance
– Produce all financial statements and manage the year end close
– Submit all quarterly VAT returns and Tax submissions
– Manage a small team of 4 responsible for all AP/AR activities as well as credit control
– Process company Payroll and process all expenses claims
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent). Prior experience gained within a professional services (Accountancy Practice or Legal preferred) would be highly desirable. Candidates will need to be confident managing and mentoring a small team whilst also being comfortable reporting directly into the board. Strong Excel skills will also be essential for this role.