NXTGEN are recruiting a fantastic Finance Manager role for a globally operating brand based in Peterborough. It’s exciting times for the business as they invest in new products to take to market, with further expansion planned for the rest of the year and as Finance Manager, you will play an active role in ensuring teams have access to insightful finance information. Leading a team of 10, the Finance Manager will take ownership for the delivery of month end close, producing MI reports to business partners and the senior leadership team that will support business decision. You will also play a key role in the statutory close for the business units.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Manage and deliver the month end close for your business units, including both Management and Statutory reports
– Review of all GL activities, working closely with overseas teams as and when required
– Build strong internal relationships with Stakeholders and business partners to ensure the business units have the necessary financial information to aid key business decisions
– Responsibility for budgeting and forecasting cycle for the business unit, meeting with budget holders to discuss performance vs plan
– Take an active role in year end statutory close, liaising with group and external audit teams when required
– Continual development and coaching of the team, supporting with training when required
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with prior experience managing mid sized teams (8+ heads). A working knowledge of UK GAAP/IFRS is highly desirable given the technical reporting responsibilities within the role. Candidates will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills and will have the ability to manage and develop internal relationships with budget holders and business unit leaders. Any experience gained in globally operating businesses would be highly desirable but not essential.