NXTGEN have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Manager to join a high performing finance team and market leading employer based in Peterborough. The organisation continues to challenge and disrupt their chosen markets and with the business about to go through it’s next phase of evolution, there’s no better time to be joining the team. This Finance Manager role will have a technical edge to it with the successful candidate taking ownership for the delivery of the statutory close for all UK businesses, including group consolidation. You will also be a leader during the year end Audit, working closely with external parties to ensure a clean and smooth year end close. With this role forming part of the reporting team, the Finance Manager can also expect to support with FP&A and commercial reporting responsibilities, working with stakeholders across the business to provide insight on company and BU financial performance.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Lead on the preparation of the statutory close for all UK subsidiary businesses before consolidating these accounts for group
* Support with financial reporting requirements, working closely with colleagues within FP&A & Commercial finance to deliver quality financial information across the business
* Management of intercompany balances and transfers, ensuring these are accurately reconciled and reported on
* Identify opportunities to improve reporting processes and controls, ensuring good governance across the finance team
* Act as a technical expert within finance, dealing with ad hoc queries as and when required
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with a strong technical background, combined with experience gained in a leading accountancy firm. You will ideally have a good working knowledge of IFRS and will be confident with consolidating accounts. Candidates will ideally be commercially minded with good Excel skills and you’ll be confident reviewing large volumes of financial data. You’ll need to have excellent communication skills and will be confident partnering with stakeholders across the organisation including senior management and executive teams. A clear progression plan is available within this role with previous post holders now operating as part of the senior management team.
This is an ideal role for those looking to make their first or second move from practice to Industry.