NXTGEN are excited to be supporting an established and forward thinking FMCG group based near Newmarket to recruit a Finance Business Partner. This new role comes after a positive period of change within the organisation and will see the successful candidate drive operational and financial decisions within the business. Reporting into the Financial Controller, you will take responsibility for the delivery of the month end management accounts for a number of business units, providing insights to BU leaders on performance vs plan. This will also include the full control of budgets and rolling forecasts. You will be responsible for all operational cost reporting including labour and materials, before working closely with operational leads to identify potential process efficiencies, with the aim of increasing productivity and profitability. This is a very business facing role with ample opportunity to influence decisions and have a positive impact on the direction of the business.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Delivery of the month end management accounts including trend analysis and YoY insights
* Ownership for the budgeting and forecasting cycle, tracking performance vs plan and identifying opportunities for improvements
* Business partner with operational teams and highlight standard costs to them, before working on identifying opportunities for efficiencies or cost saving
* Build and manipulate costing models within excel to support key business decisions
* Review and maintain the integrity of the ledgers for your business units
The successful candidate will ideally be fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent) with a proven background in Management Accounts. You will need to be confident working with large volumes of data within excel, building and using complex financial models to analyse scenarios and costing models. Given the role works closely with a number of senior stakeholders and executives, you will need to be comfortable presenting and having high level discussions. Candidates will ideally have experience working closely with operational teams and will confident identifying opportunities to improve processes. Prior experience using ERP systems would be significantly advantageous. For the right candidate, excellent progression prospects are available given the level of exposure you will gain within the role.