NXTGEN are working with a leading manufacturing business based in Peterborough to recruit two fantastic Finance Analyst opportunities. These are newly created position’s within the organisation which will give the successful candidate fantastic exposure across the business to a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. As Finance Analyst you will review large and complex data sets, working with business unit leaders to provide them greater insight and understanding of financial performance. You will also have the opportunity to work with other department finance leads on a wide range of projects, understanding how they are tracking vs budget whilst also having the chance to be involved in driving process improvements. It’s expected that the Finance Analyst positions will also work closely with operational teams to review supply chain performance, identifying opportunities for increased productivity through the review of financial information. Given the volume of ad hoc tasks that may also arise within the role, this position is ideally suited to those that are looking to gain exposure to a wide range of financial and analytical tasks.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Provide project finance support across the wider finance community, working on a variety of ad hoc tasks
* Track performance of projects and identify opportunities for increased expenditure or cost saving as required
* Review supply chain finance data and model out data to identify opportunities for process efficiencies
* Identify opportunities to improve processes and the quality of financial data shared across departments
* Support the wider finance team with the delivery of month end accounts and variance analysis reports
The successful candidate will ideally be a part qualified accountant or finalist (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with prior experience working in a Management Accounting or similar Finance Analyst type role. You will be a confident user of Excel and will have experience reviewing large data sets within financial models. Any previous experience gained within a Manufacturing or Production environment would be highly desirable, but not essential. Applicants will need to be team players and happy to take on ad hoc tasks across the wider group, including project based work. You will also be excellent communicators and will be comfortable liaising and presenting to senior stakeholders. For the successful candidate, excellent career opportunities await within an organisation with a proven track record of developing it’s people.