NXTGEN are recruiting a Finance Analyst for one of Peterborough’s flagship employers due to a recent promotion. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, this Finance Analyst position will play a key role in analysing the financial position of the company, continually reviewing cashflows and forecasts for multiple business units. This is an excellent opportunity for those with an inquisitive mind and a thirst for information as it will deal with large volumes of data within Excel, providing performance reports to senior business unit leads.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Delivery of Cashflow forecast for multiple business units, providing insight on current cash performance and position
– Variance analysis and commentary on performance vs plan
– Review of general ledgers to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial reporting
– Support review of projects and working capital to monitor spend vs plan as well as ROI
– Provide support to the wider finance team at month end to ensure monthly accounts are produced to deadline
The successful candidate will ideally be a finalist or fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA or Equivalent). You will be an effective business partner who is confident working closely with senior management, providing financial information across a business whilst also influencing decisions. Excellent Excel skills are required given the high level of Financial Modelling within the role. Prior experience in a similar Cashflow or Treasury focussed analytical role is highly desirable.