NXTGEN are supporting one of Peterborough’s true success stories as they seek a Commercial Finance Manager to join their high performing finance team. The organisation has experienced consistent growth and enters a new and exciting phase in it’s development, so the successful candidate will be joining the business at a great time. As Commercial Finance Manager, you will engage with a number of key and senior stakeholders to provide insight on financial performance vs plan. You will review a range of commercial activities to ensure they are performing at their optimum level financially, whilst also identifying potential opportunities for cost saving without compromising service delivery. As Commercial Finance Manager you will also be a key point of contact with external partners working closely with joint venture teams on a regular basis.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Provide insight on financial performance vs plan, identifying opportunities for increased performance before communicating with BU leaders
* Monitor product trading performance, analysing consumer and market trends
* Support the full budgeting and forecasting cycle for business units
* Fully review business cases to provide insight on their likely commercial performance, ensuring the business maximizes each opportunity
* Work with joint venture providers to ensure commercial agreements are mutually beneficial and identify opportunities to increase profitability
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with an extensive background in business partnering and/or commercial finance. You will be confident working with senior stakeholders, influencing high level commercial and strategic decisions. Previous experience working with sales and pricing teams would be beneficial but not essential and candidates will ideally be confident working with large volumes of data/using financial models within Excel. For the successful candidate, this is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of Peterborough’s real success stories with a very bright future ahead of it. A combination of office and home working is available in this role.