NXTGEN are supporting one of the most recognised Chartered Accountants who are based in Norwich. They have built a unique Bookkeeping role that will see the successful get involved in a range of tasks across both the Accounts and Tax department. You will be mainly responsible for all bookkeeping duties as well as managing the preparation of VAT returns for a diverse range of clients ranging from Owner managed businesses to sole traders, providing full Bookkeeping tasks and assignments.
Key responsibilities will include:
– Manage all Bookkeeping tasks for a portfolio of clients
– Manage the preparation of VAT returns
– Prepare monthly management accounts for clients with accompanying commentary
– Processing of both purchase and sales invoices
– Provide reports to clients and the Portfolio manager as required
The successful candidate will ideally hold an AAT qualification (or equivalent), with experience gained in an accountancy practice or outsourced finance environment. Candidates will have excellent communication skills and will be confident when dealing with client queries. Experience using Xero and/or Sage 50 is highly desirable combined with good Excel skills. For the successful candidate, opportunities for further study support are available combined with progression within the firm.
Keywords: Bookkeeper, VAT, Accounts Assistant, Trial Balance, Xero, Sage, Sage50