NXTGEN are working with a leading Accountancy firm going through a exciting period of growth following a number of recent client wins. They are now looking to recruit an Audit Senior for their Corporate Team, with the successful candidate playing a key role in the delivery of a quality service to both new and existing clients. This mixed role will involve both Audit and Accounts preparation, supporting clients with month end accounts, Tax and VAT returns. As Audit Senior, you will join a firm passionate about client delivery and adding value at every opportunity.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
– Plan and complete annual Audit’s for a wide ranging client portfolio
– Work with clients to identify the need for increased financial controls
– Production of month end and annual company accounts for smaller clients including sole traders and limited companies
– Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
– Work with colleagues in Tax departments to complete and submit corporate tax returns.
– Mentor and support junior team members with their own personal development
The successful candidate will ideally be a finalist or newly qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with some previous Audit experience. You will be comfortable in a client facing capacity with the ability to manage client relationships on a day to day basis. As the role develops there will be an opportunity to support business development activities and as such, candidates will need excellent communication skills. Experience with cloud based accounting packages would also be advantageous.