NXTGEN are working with a leading Accountancy firm who are seeking an Audit Assistant to join their thriving team, this role can be based in either their Ipswich or Bury St Edmunds office. The successful candidate will be joining at an exciting time for the firm as it’s a very successful past 12 months, you will also be joining a supportive and forward thinking team within their highly reputable Audit division. This Audit Assistant role will see you preparing financial statements, tax computations as well as supporting senior members of staff with preparing Audit plans. You will also help to support and maintain working relationships with a wide range of clients upholding the reputation of the firm.
Key responsibilities of the Audit Assistant role will include:
– Supporting the Audit team across a various sectors, reviewing a range of different sized corporate clients
– Support the Audit team with financial statement reviews
– Help senior team leaders with preparing tax computations as well as concise Audit plans
– Work with clients on VAT and Tax submissions when needed
– Ad hoc duties when needed
The successful candidate will ideally be studying towards ACA/ACCA or equivalent with experience working for an Accountancy firm. Prior experience in Audit would be advantageous but given this is a varied role, those coming from a general practice background should also apply. You will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, maintaining client engagement.