NXTGEN are working with an expanding and leading Accountancy firm in Norwich to recruit an Audit Assistant. The firm is experiencing a fantastic period of growth and the successful candidate will be joining a forward thinking and high performing team at an exciting time. This Audit Assistant role will encompass both Audit and Accounts preparation, working as part of the corporate team to support a wide range of clients and sectors. You will learn from a talented group of Managers & Senior Managers and will have plenty of scope for progression.
Key responsibilities of the Audit Assistant role will include:
– Support the Audit team across a variety of sectors, reviewing both SME and large corporate clients
– Work with Audit Managers to review client financial controls and identify opportunities for improvements
– Support the Accounts preparation teams with client month and year end closes
– Work with clients on VAT and Tax submissions when required
– Ad hoc client project support
The successful candidate will ideally be studying towards a recognised Accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with experience working for an Accountancy firm. Prior experience in Audit would be advantageous but given this is a mixed Accounts/Audit role, those coming from a general practice background are also encouraged to apply. You will be passionate about adding value to your clients, working with them to find solutions to technical issues. You will have excellent communication skills, maintaining client engagement whilst working on site to deliver a high quality service.