NXTGEN are working with an established and successful business based near Newmarket to recruit an AP/AR Manager. The organisation have a great history and culture, and the successful candidate will very much feeling like part of a family run business. As AP/AR Manager, you will report into the Financial Controller taking full responsibility for all aspects of transactional Finance. You will manage a small but dedicated team processing high volumes of invoices and payments, ensuring all transactions are recorded accurately within the system. The business pride themselves on developing and maintaining outstanding customer relationships and as AP/AR Manager you will be central to ensuring these high standards of customer service remain constant across the team at all times.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
* Lead the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable teams, ensuring all transactions are accurately recorded
* Set payment terms and credit limits for customers, working with the Financial Controller to identify any potential credit risks
* Monitor and report cashflow forecasts for month end
* Work with the wider finance department to continually review and improve reporting processes. This will include identifying efficiencies within the ERP system
* Take a proactive approach to customer & supplier management to maintain key business relationships
The successful candidate will ideally have prior experience leading a transactional team and whilst an accounting qualification would be advantageous, it’s not essential. You will have worked in a high volume and fast paced transactional environment previously, preferably with exposure across both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Experience in reviewing and improving processes and financial systems would also be significantly advantageous given the organisation continually strive to improvements. Strong Excel and cashflow reporting skills are also essential within the role.
The successful candidate can expect a combination of office and home working within the role.