NXTGEN are recruiting an experienced Accounts Assistant for a longstanding Accountancy firm, based within their Bury St Edmunds branch. The firm is a leading regional player with a fantastic reputation locally and as Accounts Assistant, you will uphold the values and high levels of client engagement at all times.
Our client is looking for an Accounts Assistant who can demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and excellent client service skills. Those candidates that can adapt and tailor their approach dependent on the specific client would be ideal for this role.
* Monthly accounts preparation including management reports and commentary
* Preparation and submission of VAT returns
* Submission of quarterly corporate tax returns as well as advising clients on best practices
* Develop excellent working relationships with the end client
* Provide ongoing support to junior members of the team
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a professional practice environment and have proven experience of working in the preparation of sole trade, partnership and company accounts to review stage. An AAT qualification or part qualified ACA/ACCA is desirable, with study support available to the right candidate. You must be a confident IT user with previous experience of using Mircosoft Excel and be familiar with Sage line 50. Previous experience of using Xero would also be beneficial.
Key Words: Accounts Assistant, Sage 50, Xero, Tax, Accountancy Practice