NXTGEN are currently working with a small award-winning Accountancy Practice to recruit an Accountant for their Colchester Office. The Accountant will manage a portfolio of clients providing comprehensive accountancy services to incorporated companies, partnerships and sole traders. The successful candidate will have the opportunity for hands on involvement with business development and will support and mentor junior members of the team.
– Preparation of client business accounts, providing commentary to support business owners and leaders with key decisions
– Manage client workloads, whilst maintaining excellent client relationships
– Monthly and Quarterly VAT returns and general bookkeeping duties
– Support clients with self-assessment tax returns
– Working with software packages internally and supporting clients accounting systems
– Development of junior staff members
The successful candidate will ideally be either Part Qualified looking to continue their studies, or will be ACA/ACCA qualified and have experience working with a diverse portfolio of clients. Candidates will need to have previous experience of working within an Accountancy Practice, and will be a competent user of all Microsoft packages and various accounting software’s. Our client is offering flexible working hours to the right candidate.
Key Words: Accountant, Colchester, Excel, Sage, Xero, Accountancy Practice